Saturday, July 5, 2008

3 more weeks!

3 more weeks to school. however, I don't feel that excited or anxious as I thought I would be. it's just "yar...school's here.yup.gotta start studying."

the past week's been pretty good so far. uncle Meng flew all the way from Montreal to see grandma and now he's at the airport catching the flight back. met up with couple of friends whom I have not seen for years. it's nice to catch up with old friends =) some times, all these activities sets you thinking about your relationship with the people around you, wondering how things would be like down the years. you'll see how your friends have changed and grown and how, relatively, stagnant you have been. this particular dialogue triggered some thoughts -
CY,"...things are falling into place..."
XJ,"you should be PUTTING them into place..."
see how passive and non-chalant I have been about my life? all the "let it be" and the "things will happen naturally" suddenly seem so WRONG

made some new friends this week at the F.O.O.T. briefing. interesting people. there are quite a number of poly-grads going directly into 2nd year. I think this is a really smart plan for those who are sure of what they want to do. but too bad I just wanted to get to uni first and took the JC route. the camp should be fun judging by the zesty atmosphere at the briefing. but if we're gonna shout like that for the entire camp, I'll go deaf by the 2nd day. but I hope this is for the orientation only. cuz if that's the culture in NTU, I'll have a hard time trying to focus on my studies.

I've made my way back to the regime again. I think JE sports complex really provide a good avenue to exercise. I shall head there on 1/3/5 for swim and gym and run 5km on 2/4. I'm typing this out so I'll stick to it and not laze off. haha

No comments: